Icon: Studieren

Studying at the University of Saarland (Universität des Saarlandes):

Have you already received a school diploma in your home country? Then there are two ways to begin studying at the University of Saarland:

Refugee Programme Universität des Saarlandes

The university’s Welcome Center offers advising services for international students. The staff there can answer your questions about regular applications, non-degree programmes and audit (Gasthörer) programs.

Universität des Saarlandes
Gebäude A4 4 (CampusCenter)
66123 Saarbrücken

Phone: +49 681 302-71122
Fax: +49 681 302-2609

Studying at the University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft/HTW):

The HTW also has special programmes and information for refugees.

Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft des Saarlandes (HTW saar)
Eva Gräßer
Goebenstraße 40
66117 Saarbrücken

Phone: +49 681 5867-638
Fax: +49 681 5867-151

The websites of both the HTW and Uni Saarland include information about groups that will help you get a good start to your studies.


Completing a degree at a university requires patience. Spaces in preparatory German language courses are limited. Because of this, it is possible that you – despite a very strong academic record – will not receive acceptance to your desired program the first time you apply.

Find out about your options. In Germany, a vocational training programme/apprenticeship (Ausbildung) or a dual studies programme (duale Ausbildung) can also open up doors to a great career.